In addition to the restaurant and bar located in the Quality Inn (the conference venue and one of the accommodation options), which will be open for light lunches and snacks, there are numerous eating establishments in the immediate vicinity. A complete list will be provided to attendees upon arrival. For those who arrive early and want to dine at one of the top restaurants in town, consider the following:
- The Olde Richmond Inn, 138 South 5th Street (765) 962-2247 (the restaurant of choice for many, a wide range of selections)
- Ghyslain Chocolatier & Bistro, 416 N 10th Street (765) 966-3344 (restored warehouse setting in Historic District, known for dessert specialties, chocolates to go, shops, open until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday – Thursday, 10:00 p.m. Friday – Saturday)
- Galo’s Italian Grill, 107 Garwood Road (765) 973-9000 (speaks for itself, comfortable ambiance, substantial menu selection)
- J&J Winery, 3415 National Road West (765) 965-WINE (country setting, outdoor seating available, wine tasting, Italian wood-fired oven, walking trails, shop)
- Hacienda Camino Real Mexican Restaurant, 4712 National Road East (765) 966-5288 (indoor/outdoor seating, closest of the above to the Quality Inn)
Note that some restaurants are closed on Mondays.
There are also chain restaurants nearby, including Red Lobster (directly across the highway from the Quality Inn), O’Charley’s, Applebee’s, Chili’s, Texas Roadhouse, Jade House (Chinese menu and buffet), Frisch’s Big Boy, Bob Evans, IHOP, as well as a Starbucks and many fast food places.
The late night pub of choice (for “young” people) is Smiley’s Pub and Beer Garden, 39 North 8th Street, downtown Richmond (3.73 miles from the Quality Inn: Please plan your taxi ride back ahead of time. The hotel does not operate a shuttle service.). Note that this is a smoking establishment. We will also make arrangements for the Quality Inn pub (The Underground) to remain open in the evening if there is sufficient interest.